'One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul and yet no one ever came to sit by it. Passers-by see only a wisp of smoke from the chimney and continue on their way..'

Sunday, February 14, 2010

beautiful things.

I have to get up at 6:30 tomorrow.. but I'm writing this instead of going to bed.

I have never liked Valentines day.
February 14th will roll around, and my eyes along with it, because I know that it will hold nothing but empty feelings and desires while I watch dozens upon dozens of couples, decked out in red, holding hands and smiling because they're in "love".
Now granted, the majority of them are indeed in "love", and I watch those in bittersweet amusement because it can often times be a very presh sight and warm even the coldest of hearts. But it is still a reminder of what I do not have.

I did receive a pleasant surprise this morning though.. I had decided to go to church, knowing that it wasn't a good idea considering my feelings for the theme of the day, and for the fact that I really do not like my church, but I hadn't gone last week so I thought that I ought to. I had not been informed (or I missed the memo because I was at home painting) that one of my favourite worship teams was visiting us, The Michael Gungor Band. To my utter joy, I got to listen to them for about 30 min, which made the hour or so afterwards worth it. They sang {what is now my favourite song} 'Beautiful Things'.

All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make me new, You are making me new

It was exactly what I needed to hear, it was God.
I felt Him.
I needed Him.
I needed Him to love me.
I needed Him to make me new.

No comments:

Post a Comment